02 6655 1121 Bellingen Shire Connections Centre
Community Services Directory
or phone 6655 1522 to register your interest
or email: email@example.com
WHAT IS THE NETWORK ABOUT?
The economic disruption evolving as the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds is occurring at pace in Bellingen Shire. For business owners and their staff this is unexpected and uncharted territory. Networks for people in business who want to stay connected, feel supported and be informed are a priority. We have therefore created the Bellingen Shire Business Support Network.
The network is for:
- business owners impacted by economic downturn or stress now or who might be in the future and
- owners who wants to help in the shire wide Response to Covid19 (supporting residents or other businesses).
We are calling people who join the network “participants”- irrespective of if they need help or are giving help. This is because everyone’s needs and situation may change as time moves on.
Local Networks – by area
Business people in the local network might need help, can provide help or be in both situations at the same time! The business environment is continually changing already and we expect this to continue as the COVID-19 pandemic progresses. This network provides a way for us to help each other adapt to these changes.
The businesses in these groups will be located in a small area – for example, a CBD shopping strip, an industrial area, or an arts precinct.
Support Networks- by business type
Support networks for businesses with similar areas of endeavour, interest or needs can also be set up – for example, there could be a network for hospitality providers, health related businesses, retailers, farming, accommodation and tourism businesses and so on.
It is possible to join more than one network.
What Sort of Help Will Networks Provide?
- Be a source of information for business owners
- Provide networking opportunities between business owners
- Connect business owners with experts who can provide support for individual decision making
- Help businesses to connect with opportunities if they are identified
- Provide support to businesses that need to pause
- Provide support for the well being of business owners & staff
- Sharing ideas on how businesses are adapting to new economic environment
- Link with the wider Pandemic Response Group to enable:
- business owners to respond to resident needs (commercially or voluntarily)
- get visibility of work opportunities in the Shire
Once registered you will be linked with the Local Coordinator for your area. Each network group will be self-managed. This means that together with your fellow business members in the group you will decide how you work and what sort of help and contact you have with each other. Tools and resources will be provided as they become available.
Who Set Up This Network?
The three Chambers of Commerce across Bellingen Shire; Dorrigo Chamber of Commerce, Bellingen Chamber of Commerce and Urunga Mylestom Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with Bellingen Shire Council.
Bellingen Shire Council’s Business Create Page
The Create page Compiles the most recent list of Australian and State Government assistance. This information is being updated on a daily basis and has been simplified for easy interpretation.
Need advice/support?: Call 6655 1522 M-F: 8:30am-4:30pm
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org