Contact Your Community Resilience Officers
Should you have been impacted, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Liz Hull or Clare Danby at Council, who are the Shire’s Community Resilience Officers. They may not have answers to everything, but are linked in with many agencies and will do their best to help. They are here to support members of the community in recovering from this event. They can be reached by contacting council on 02 6655 7300.
NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE - GIVIT REGISTERED ORGANISATION
The Neighbourhood centres of the Bellingen Shire are registered as a recipient organisation with GIVIT (the national approved donation coordination body). Please contact them should you be seeking assistance in needing food, clothing or anything else due to the Floods. They can be reached by phone on 6655 1239, email them at email@example.com or drop in to the Centre.
CLICK HERE if you want to know how to support/donate our community and those further afield.
AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT SUPPORT TO INDIVIDUALS IMPACTED:
Date Announced: Sunday 21st March 2021
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP)
- A non-means tested payment of $1000 for eligible adults and $400 for eligible children.
- The AGDRP is available to people whose homes have been lost or directly damaged, and people who have been seriously injured, or are an immediate family member of someone who has lost their life.
- The AGDRP has been activated in the local government areas of Armidale, Bellingen, Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Canterbury Bankstown, Central Coast, Cessnock , Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Cumberland, Dungog Shire, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Hornsby, Inner West, Kempsey, Ku-ring-gai, Lake Macquarie , Liverpool, Maitland, Mid Coast, Nambucca, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Macquarie-Hastings , Port Stephens, Sutherland, Tenterfield, The Hills and Wollondilly
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA)
- A short-term income support payment to assist individuals who have experienced a loss of income as a direct result of the storms and floods.
- The DRA has been activated in the local government areas of Armidale, Bellingen, Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Canterbury Bankstown, Central Coast, Cessnock , Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Cumberland, Dungog Shire, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Hornsby, Inner West, Kempsey, Ku-ring-gai, Lake Macquarie , Liverpool, Maitland, Mid-Coast, Nambucca, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Macquarie-Hastings , Port Stephens, Sutherland, Tenterfield, The Hills and Wollondilly
These Australian Government payments are administered by Services Australia.
- The fastest and easiest way to claim disaster assistance is over the phone by calling 180 22 66. These Services Australia Disaster Assistance phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm local time, seven days a week.
KEY CONTACTS FOR ASSISTANCE
- For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact Service NSW on 13 77 88.
- To apply for the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment and/or Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance, call the Services Australia Disaster Assistance phone lines on 180 22 66.
- Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website at disasterassist.gov.au and Service NSW at disasterassistance.service.nsw.gov.au
The Natural Disaster Transport Subsidy (via RAA) is now open for declared LGA’s, there is still some details to be clarified, but essentially;
A natural disaster assistance transport subsidy is available to eligible farmers who are affected by a declared natural disaster event. This subsidy pays for the cost of transporting:
- fodder and/or water to an affected property
- stock to sale or slaughter
- stock to/from agistment
Refer to the Declared natural disasters table for LGA’s eligible for this assistance. I understand its to a cap of $15k and will let you know once I get the details. More info here; https://www.raa.nsw.gov.au/grants/natural-disaster-transport-subsidy
RURAL AID CASH PAYMENTS
Rural Aid have $1000 grants available to primary producers in flood declared areas, and $500 VISA cards available. These funds are completely separate from the AGDRP and are for primary producers only. To be eligible, primary producers must register on the Rural Aid website (ruralid.org.au) and RA will make contact. The website does say they should ring 1300 327 624, but they must register.
The Australian Government will also lift mutual obligation requirements for job seekers in the Local Government Areas impacted by the NSW floods and storms from Friday 19 March until Tuesday 6 April 2021.
No job seeker in the affected areas will face payment suspension or financial penalties for failing to meet their mutual obligation requirements such as not being able to attend appointments or activities.
Primary producer Disaster Recovery Grant
Disaster recovery grants of up to $75,000 are now available to primary producers in LGAs affected by the NSW storms and floods that have occurred from 10 March 2021. Apply direct online via the Rural Assistance Authority at www.raa.nsw.gov.au/disaster-assistance/special-disaster-grants-floods
Alternatively, phone Service NSW on 13 77 88 and ask for the Primary Producer Disaster Recovery Grant administered by the Rural Assistance Authority.
Insurance catastrophe declared for parts of NSW (announced 22 March 2021)
The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has declared a Catastrophe for large parts of NSW following the devastating storms and flooding of the last few days.
The ICA’s Catastrophe Declaration serves to escalate and prioritise the insurance industry’s response for affected policyholders.
Under the Catastrophe declaration:
• Claims from affected policyholders will be given priority by insurers
• Claims will be triaged to direct urgent assistance to the worst-affected property owners
• The ICA’s disaster hotline has been activated – 1800 734 621 – to assist policyholders if they are uncertain of their insurance details or have general inquiries about the claims process. (Please note: this is not a claims lodgement service.)